How to get more vegetables into your breakfast? That is a tricky questions as breakfast is known for being jam packed with carbs—and not much more. How can we easily and creatively get more vegetables into that particular meal? Breakfast Hash! Replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes, turnips. and some healthy greens. We also use No Evil Veggie Sausages for some extra protein—but you can make this hash without them too.
- 1/4 c. Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 turnips, diced
- 2 No Evil Stallion Veggie Sausages, diced
- 2 c. lacinado kale, cut into small pieces
1) Add 2 tbsp. vinaigrette to sauté pan over medium high heat and when sizzling add peppers and onions to pan. Sauté until onions and peppers are softened and beginning to brown.
2) Add sweet potatoes, turnips and remaining vinaigrette to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes and turnips are cooked through and browned.
3) Add sausages and kale to the mixture in the pan and cook until warmed through and kale has wilted. Serve.