Broccoli season is here! It arrives each year as the weather is warming up. While we love broccoli casseroles and soups, May sunshine calls for a fresh broccoli salad. We found this recipe on Cabot Creamery’s website and adapted it to the Cabot products you can find in our stores. (See the original, here.) Don’t forget, organic broccoli is on sale for 99 cents per pound this weekend only, May 11 to 13, 2018. Makes 6 servings.
- ½ c. Cabot greek Yogurt
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. brown mustard
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 c. chopped raw broccoli
- 1 c. finely chopped fennel bulb
- 4 oz. Cabot sharp cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 shallot, minced
1) Whisk together in a large bowl the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper until smooth.
2) Add the broccoli, fennel, cheddar, bacon, and shallot and stir to coat with dressing.