Grill still in storage? Pull it out and put it to work! These tender, juicy chicken breasts are topped with sharp cheddar and a sweet and tangy blueberry balsamic glaze. What a great way to get your grill “fired up” again!
- 2 qt. cold water
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- ¼ c. sugar
- 4 Freebird organic boneless chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
- ½ c. Bonne Maman blueberry preserves
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. shredded Cabot Creamery Cheddar
1) Stir together cold water, salt, and sugar until salt and sugar are dissolved.
2) Add pounded chicken breasts to the cold salted water mixture and allow to brine for 30 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium heat, combine blueberry preserves and balsamic, and stir until melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool and thicken.
3) Remove chicken from brine (discard brine), pat dry, and salt and pepper outside of chicken.
4) Grill chicken (cooks choice: gas, charcoal, etc.) until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees. Brush chicken with half of the preserves/balsamic mixture during the last couple of minutes of cooking. Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carry-over cooking will bring temperature of chicken up to 160 degrees.
5) Place chicken on plates and top each with ¼ c. of cheese and drizzles of the remaining blueberry/balsamic mixture. Serve hot. Serves four.