The perfect healthier topping for oatmeal, yogurt, and whole wheat pancakes. Tender, yet crisp, apples glazed with sweet maple syrup and cinnamon. Warm and delicious! This recipe contains items on sale January 4-10, 2017.
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 4 organic Fuji apples – Sale $5.99/3 lb. bag – Save $2.00
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (or more) Maple Valley organic maple syrup (Grade A robust) – Sale $6.99/12 oz. – Save $3.00
1) Peel and core apples. Slice into thin (1/4 to ½ inch) slices.
2) Melt butter or coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
3) When melted and sizzling add apples to the pan and sauté carefully until apples are tender but still firm.
4) Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup. Toss and allow to cook for a couple more minutes until syrup has coated and glazed the apples have begun to brown slightly. Serve immediately, at room temperature or chilled. Serves 4 to 6.