A quick and easy summertime recipe for applesauce – that won’t heat up your kitchen! It is full of beautiful, summery peaches, crisp apples, and just a touch of spice. Once done, refrigerate and serve on top of grilled chicken, alongside pork, or on top of yogurt. From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
- 2 1/2 lbs. organic gala apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 lbs. peaches, peeled, cut into chunks, pit removed
- 1/2 c. Maple Valley Co-op maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. allspice
1) Place all items, except allspice, in a crock-pot.
2) Cook, on low, for 5 hours.
3) Remove cinnamon sticks and stir in allspice.
Serve warm or place in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.