Emily Buehler, our Website Coordinator, shares this recipe that her mom made every summer. The fruit can be swapped our (for example, use 3 cups of blueberries for a Blueberry Cobbler) depending on what’s in season. It can also be made vegan by using a vegan milk alternative or even water in place of the milk. It’s best served warm with ice cream. Serves 8, although it’s much better to only have 4 to 6 people sharing it!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup soft butter or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Make the sauce: Combine sugars, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until it becomes thick. This will take several minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and fruit to the sauce, blend, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Make the topping: Sift the first four dry ingredients together. Add the milk and butter/oil and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the topping over the fruit. Sprinkle with the sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. If your baking dish is a little small, place a drip pan on the rack beneath the cobbler.