Our Website Coordinator, Emily Buehler, veganized the recipe her mom always used for Blueberry Muffins, a not-too-sweet muffin that’s moist and filled with berries. Coconut milk works well in place of cow milk because of its high fat content; don’t get the reduced-fat version. Other alternative milks can be used, but the muffins won’t rise as nicely. Makes 18 muffins.
- 2 “eggs”: 3 tsp Ener-G egg replacer, 4 Tbsp water
- 1 cup coconut milk (shake or mix it up so you’re not using only the solid part)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- Mix well the egg replacer with the water and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and oil.
- Sift together and add the dry ingredients. Stir until the flour is all moistened for don’t overdo it.
- Blend in the blueberries.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.