- 3 ears corn @ $2.25
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime juice @ $.38
- 1/8 c. chopped cilantro @ $.31
- 2 green onions @ $.50
- 1 Tbsp. Spectrum Canola Mayonnaise @ $.02
- 1/2 tsp. Field Day chili powder @ $.21
- Dash Field Day cayenne @ $.28
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Valley Sour Cream @ $.16
- 1/4 c. Nuestro Queso Fresco @ $.65
- 1 ball of Weaver Street Market Pizza Dough @ $3.99
- 1/4 lb. Chorizo Sausage @ $2.25
Total Cost (not including pantry items) = $10.99 – Feeds a family of Four
Pantry Items (not included in cost)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 3 ears corn, uncooked and cut from cob- $2.25
- 1 Tbsp. Spectrum Canola Mayonnaise – $.02
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Valley Sour Cream – $.16
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime juice – $.38
- 1/2 tsp Field Day chili powder – $.21
- Dash Field Day cayenne – $.28
- 1/4 c. Nuestro Queso Fresco, divided – $.70
- 1/8 c. chopped cilantro – $.31
- salt and pepper, to taste – pantry
- 1 ball of Weaver Street Market Pizza Dough, allowed to fully defrost and rise (you will see the dough double and visible air bubbles.) – $3.99
- Olive oil, for oiling pan and drizzling – pantry
- 1/4 lb. Chorizo Sausage, cooked and drained – $2.25
- 2 green onions, chopped – $.50
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl combine corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, 1/4 cup queso fresco, cilantro. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Gently stretch the pizza dough into a thin 12″ to 14″ circle and place it on a well-greased pizza or baking sheet. Grease the top of the pizza dough as well.
- Place the un-topped pizza dough in the oven for five minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and then top with corn mixture and chorizo.
- Drizzle top of pizza with more olive oil.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 1o to 15 minutes or until pizza dough is cooked through, browned on the bottom, and corn is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and remaining queso fresco.
- Slice and serve while hot.