Black Cod, also known as Sablefish, is on sale right now and offers a silky texture, and buttery rich flavor perfect for so many recipes! Here is a simple and delicious recipe for a garlic and lemon crumb topped black code. This topping and method can be used on other types of fish as well!
- 2 packages Sena Sea Black Cod
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 dashes pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 sleeve buttery crackers of your choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed or minced
- fresh parsley, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat fish dry and then rub well with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper fish well on both sides.
- Spead 1/2 tsp on mayo or sour cream on each piece of fish. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan melt the butter, 1/4 tsp. lemon zest, 2 tsp lemon juice, garlic and a dash of pepper. Once garlic is fragrant, add crackers crumbs and stir to coat. Cook about 30 seconds, stirring continuously, and then remove from the heat. You don’t want to really brown them, just make sure they are well coated with butter. They will brown in the oven.
- Pour crumbs on a plate.
- Dip the coated side of the fish into crumbs. Crumbs will adhere to fish.
- Place fish, crumb side up, on baking pan that has been rubbed with olive oil. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs and press gently to help them adhere.
- Cook the fish for about 10 to 15 minutes or until done and crumbs are nicely browned.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish with chopped parsley and a little more lemon juice.
- Serves two.