- 2 Fuji Apples, peeled, cored, and halved
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. pure cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- dash salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Lay apples cut side down and use a sharp paring knife to cut mostly, but not all the way, through each apple at 1/8″ intervals.
3) Melt 1 tbsp. butter and stir in sugar and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon.
4) Place 2 apple halves on a piece of tinfoil (large enough to fold around the apples) and drizzle with the butter mixture. Fold foil into a packet to enclose the apples. Repeat process with the other two apple halves. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
6) Combine remaining cinnamon and butter, pure maple syrup, oats, flour, and salt. Use fingers to pull together into a crumbly streusel topping.
7) Unwrap foil to expose apples and fan the slices open. Sprinkle or spoon oat mixture over the apples. Tucks some in between a few of the slices. Place back in oven on 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
8) Turn broiler on high and broil until top is crisped.