Perfect holiday appetizer – creamy brie topped with the seasonal flavors of pomegranate and walnuts.
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 wedge of Normandy French Brie, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c. bulk honey
- Wash the pomegranate well and then slice in half horizontally.
- Place the pomegranate, cut side down, in one hand with your fingers spread apart over medium sized bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula and firmly whack the surface of the pomegranate. It needs to be a really firm whack. Continue to firmly tap all over the top of the pomegranate until all seeds have fallen out.
- Repeat with the other half and then pick out any pieces of membrane.
- Set aside 1/8 of a cup of arils and refrigerate or freeze the rest for another use.
- Place the brie on a plate or platter.
- Drizzle the brie with the honey.
- Sprinkle the brie with the walnuts and pomegranate arils.
NOTE: This can also be made as a baked brie. You will need to use a round of brie, rather thna a wedge, if you plan to bake it,