Well, you asked for it and here is the first one! The Demo Team at WSM are taking tried and true Weaver Street Market favorites and adapting them to the home cook. Now you can make our Honey Apricot Chicken yourself! From the Weaver Street Market Kitchen to yours. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. ground fennel
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 c. dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds, toasted
1) In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onion and saute until translucent.
2) Add the garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
3) Add chicken to the pan and saute until chicken is just beginning to brown.
4) Add sea salt, cumin, fennel, coriander, red pepper, black pepper, and ginger. Continue to saute one minute more.
5) Add honey, lemon juice, apricots, wine, and water to pan. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is tender.
5) Add toasted almonds and cilantro to pan and toss. Remove from heat and serve over rice. Serves 4.