It’s the time of year to enjoy frozen treats! You can make your own delicious and healthy frozen yogurt with a few quick swirls of the food processor and a little freezer-time. Whip up this delicious, sweet treat with seasonal fresh blueberries, healthy plain Greek yogurt and a little honey. You will be so glad you did!
- 2 c. fresh blueberries, plus extra for serving
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ c. honey
- 2 ½ c. Cabot Creamery Greek yogurt
1) In a food processor, 1/2 blueberries, lemon juice, and honey.
2) Pulse until blueberries are well chopped.
3) Add yogurt and remaining blueberries to food processor and pulse several more times until combined and only small chunks of blueberry still remain.
4) Transfer mixture to a large freezer bag and press out all air from the bag. Place bag flat in the
freezer. Every hour, remove bag from the freezer and, using your hands, mash the contents of
the bag. Continue to do this each hour, making sure to mash up any chunks and create a smooth
mixture as it freezes.
5) When mixture is well frozen but smooth due to the repeated massaging, it is ready to serve topped with a sprinkle of fresh blueberries. Serves 5 to 6.