Our annual Hope for the Holidays campaign raised $16,087.75!
What Is Hope for the Holidays?
Since 1998, Hope for the Holidays has paired fund-raising and gift giving during December: we make a donation each time you buy a Hope for the Holidays product. We choose some of our favorite local, co-op produced, game changer, and Weaver Made products.
The funds raised add to our Cooperative Community Fund, a sustainable endowment fund. Each year, a committee awards grants that are paid from the interest that the fund generates. The grants go to local nonprofits working on access to healthy food.
First Fruits Farm Received Our 2020 CCF Grant
In alignment with our focus on racial equity, our 2020 Cooperative Community Fund Grant of $11,000 was awarded to First Fruits Farm, a charitable farm owned by former NFL player James Brown and his wife Tay. The Browns donate the first harvest of their crops to those in need in the communities surrounding the farm, which is located in Louisburg, NC.
Thousands of volunteers from community churches and organizations help the Browns grow and harvest the produce raised on the 1,000-acre farm. Since 2014, the Browns have donated 1.6 million servings of produce and meat to feed hungry neighbors.
How Did We Do?
- 302 wheels of Chapel Hill Creamery’s Carolina Moon,
- 279 local poinsettias,
- 763 local Game Changer products,
- 912 bags of local Indian Springs Pecans,
- 358 bags of Peacestachios,
- 984 loaves of Weaver Made stollen,
- 1151 Weaver Made quick breads,
- 4920 bottles of fair trade co-op wine,
- 5150 boxes of Chapel Hill and Griff’s toffee,
- 8888 fair trade Equal Exchange, and local Videri chocolate bars,
…and more! Wow!
With this addition, the CCF has $307,850 generating interest to fund projects in our community! Thanks for your support!