Hope for the Holidays promotion raises $19,168.70!
Since 1998, Hope for the Holidays has paired fundraising and gift giving during December: we make a donation each time you buy a Hope for the Holidays product. We choose some of our favorite Game Changer, local, co-op produced, and Weaver Made products to include in the promotion.
The funds raised add to our Cooperative Community Fund, a sustainable endowment fund. Each year, a committee awards grants that are paid from the interest that the fund generates. The grants go to local nonprofits working on access to healthy food. More than $70,500 has been awarded in grants to local nonprofits working on access to healthy food.
This holiday season, you purchased:
- 197 wheels of local Chapel Hill Creamery Carolina Moon
- 310 local Poinsettias
- 292 Game Changer Little Homestead Farm Bath and Soap Products
- 520 Game Changer Bright Black, Precious Cargo, and Skyelight Candles
- 1,302 loaves of Weaver Made Stollen
- 2,042 loaves of Weaver Made Quick Breads
- 6,674 bottles of fair trade co-op wine
- 8,542 boxes of local Chapel Hill and Griff’s Toffee
- 5,136 fair trade Equal Exchange Chocolate Bars
- 945 bags of locally roasted Joe Van Gogh and Café Femenino Coffee
- 359 Game Changer New Communities Nutkrack Pecan products
- 373 bags of local Videri Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and more!