Hope for the Holidays promotion raises $15,936.65!
Since 1998, Hope for the Holidays has paired fundraising and gift giving during December: we make a donation each time you buy a Hope for the Holidays product. We choose some of our favorite Game Changer, local, co-op produced, and Weaver Made products to include in the promotion.
The funds raised add to our Cooperative Community Fund, a sustainable endowment fund. Each year, a committee awards grants that are paid from the interest that the fund generates. The grants go to local nonprofits working on access to healthy food. More than $82,500 has been awarded in grants to local nonprofits working on access to healthy food.
This holiday season, you purchased:
- 254 wheels of local Chapel Hill Creamery Carolina Moon
- 245 local Poinsettias
- 584 Game Changer Little Homestead Farm Bath and Soap Products
- 467 Game Changer Bright Black, Precious Cargo, and Skyelight Candles
- 1,365 loaves of Weaver Made Stollen
- 2,055 loaves of Weaver Made Quick Breads
- 6,850 bottles of fair trade co-op wine
- 8,323 boxes of local Chapel Hill and Griff’s Toffee
- 4,822 fair trade Equal Exchange Chocolate Bars
- 762 bags of locally roasted Joe Van Gogh and Café Femenino Coffee
- 269 jars of local Mrs. Ruth’s jams
- 463 bags of local Videri Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and more!