Try this delicious, marinated chicken recipe using local, woman-owned Sujin Sushi Ginger Dressing. Tender and delicious chicken, marinated in Sujin’s spectacular dressing, topped with extra lemon and kalamata olives is perfect alongside couscous or rice. Be sure to make extra because leftovers are great!
- 1 c. Sujin Sushi Ginger Dressing
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1/4 c. pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Extra lemon slices
- In a bowl combine the dressing, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and olive oil.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for glazing with while cooking later on. Pour the rest of the marinade over the chicken thighs in a bowl or bag and allow the chicken to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil, and oil lightly. Remove the chicken from marinade and place it on baking sheet, skin side up, making sure the pieces are not touching.
- Roast chicken until browned, about 30 minutes, remove from oven and baste with reserved sauce and top each thigh with kalamata olives and a lemon slice. Place back in oven and continue to cook about 10-15 minutes or so more (depending upon the size of the thighs) until golden brown all over, skin has rendered its fat, juices run clear, and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees or more.
- Serve alongside couscous or rice.