- 1 c. almond flour
- 2 c. shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 oz. Cabot Cream Cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (or you can swap this out for your favorite herb or spices)
- kosher or sea salt
1) Combine almond flour, cheddar, and cream cheese in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
2) Add egg yolk and chili powder. Pulse until mixture forms a non-sticky ball (touch it with your finger, it should leave a dent but should not stick to your finger.) If it is too dry you can add leftover egg white a small amount at a time or if it is too wet add more almond flour 1 tbsp. at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
3) Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper. It should be as thin as possible for crispy crackers.
4) Place dough on baking sheet and remove top parchment paper and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut dough into squares. Use a fork to dock (create holes) in all the crackers. Sprinkle with salt.
5) Bake crackers at 450 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip entire sheet of parchment over and bake for a couple more minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
6) Remove sheet of parchment, allow too cool for five minutes and break crackers at the cut lines.