Turmeric is a wonderful addition to your meals. Turmeric is said to help reduce inflammation and serve as a way to boost your immunity. Smoothies are a great way to get some turmeric into the beginning of your day!
Turmeric Paste: Start out by making this turmeric paste that can stay in your fridge for up to 10 days. You will use 1 teaspoonful per smoothie – so make as much as you need for the week. You can easily double the recipe. Consider making more and adding this paste to other recipes as well!
- 1/8 c. Turmeric powder
- 1/4 c. water
- A couple dashes of black pepper
- Add turmeric and water to a small pot over low heat.
- Stir until a paste is formed.
- Remove from heat, add black pepper, and pour into a container. Place in the refrigerator.
Mango Turmeric Smoothie: This smoothie is like a Mango Lassi, with a few healthy, flavorful additions! Both the turmeric and yogurt are said to help boost immunity!
- 1 c. Mango, chilled (you can use fresh, or if the mangos are not at their peak, you can use frozen or mango pulp)
- 1 c. yogurt, chilled (your choice of plain yogurt – feel free to use non-dairy or whatever fits in with your eating style)
- Honey (to taste)
- 1 to 2 tsp. turmeric paste (depending upon your preference)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of ginger
- Your choice of liquid (to thin smoothie to your preference, chilled – water, juice, milk)
- Place all ingredients except for your choice of liquid in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth
- Add liquid, as needed, and pulse a few more times, to thin smoothie to your preferred consistency.
- Serves one.