It’s not just for the holidays! A creamy, smooth eggnog from the Maple Valley Cooperative.
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. milk
- 2 c. cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 c. Maple Valley organic maple syrup
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (note: freshly grated nutmeg is stronger, so use less)
- Whisk together egg yolks and maple syrup (or blend in a blender).
- Pour milk, cream, and nutmeg into a large saucepan, stirring constantly until the first signs of boiling.
- Remove immediately and whisk with the maple/egg mixture (or pour the milk/cream slowly into a moving blender that contains the maple/egg mixture).
- Pour it all back into the pot, heating to 160 degrees F. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and chill in a bowl of ice water or in the refrigerator.
- Serve with fresh-grated nutmeg or cinnamon.