A new summer flavor combination! Sweet southern peaches and creamy mozzarella tossed with lime and basil and then just a touch of salty local country ham. Sound too good to take time to make skewers? No problem—toss it all together in a bowl and serve as a salad. It’s great both ways!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- a couple of grinds of black pepper
- 4 local peaches
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella
- 4 to 5 thin slices local Lady Edison extra fancy country ham
1) In a bowl combine olive oil, lime juice and zest, basil, and black pepper. Whisk well to combine.
2) Cut peaches and mozzarella into bite-size pieces and place in the bowl and toss to coat with olive oil mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3) Meanwhile, cut ham into strips.
4) Using skewers, alternately spear peach, mozzarella, and ham.
5) Drizzle each toothpick or skewer with the olive oil mixture left in the bowl. Serve immediately.