A great way to use up that last scoop of ice cream! What is nice about this recipe is, if you want to, it can be adapted to your eating style – dairy free, gluten free, fewer carbs.
- 1 c. flour – you can use flour alternatives instead, gluten-free, nut flours, etc.
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, your choice, melted – you can instead use carob, sugar free chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate instead
- 1/2 c. melted ice cream or gelato. flavor of your choice – you can use dairy free, no sugar added and dairy alternative options as well
- 1/2 c. apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla – or other complementary extract
- Additional chocolate chips or nuts, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8″ baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine melted chocolate, melted ice cream, apple sauce, and extract.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add any additional chocolate chips or nuts, if desired, and gently stir to blend them in.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bang pan on counter a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake until a knife or toothpick inserted come out with only a few moist crumbs. About 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then slice. Serve with more of your favorite ice cream!