It’s veggies for breakfast! Why not add some vegetables to the morning meal for an all-around healthier day? Our demo team cooked up these sandwiches to celebrate the first tomatoes of summer, and the extended fair trade avocado season that we’re enjoying this year. There’s lots of room for flexibility with the recipe.
- 1 slice hearty bread of your choice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 c. baby kale
- salt and pepper, to taste
- herbs of your choice
- 1 egg, fried, boiled, or poached
- 1 slice ripe tomato
- 3 slices fresh avocado
1) Toast bread and set aside.
2) In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, kale, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and your choice or herbs or spices. Sauté until kale is wilted. Remove
from heat and place on paper toweling to drain.
3) Cook egg to your specifications and set aside.
4) Build your sandwich: top toasted bread with sautéed kale, then egg,
then tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.