Fresh peaches and chorizo combine to make a wonderfully spicy and sweet topping for local flatbread. You can also enjoy this quick saute with pasta or rice, on a sandwich, or simply by itself, in a bowl.
- 2 tsp. olive or avocado oil
- 4 local Firsthand Foods chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, cut into strips (or purchase roasted red peppers from the WSM Grab N Go
- 3 local peaches, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/4 c. La Riojana Cabernet Savignon
- 1 box local Accidental Baker flatbreads
1) In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
2) Add sausages to the pan and cook, turning, until completely cooked through. Remove from pan and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
3) Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant.
4) Add peaches and roasted peppers, sausage slices, and wine to the pan. Continue to cook until liquids
have reduced and thickened.
5) To serve, top flatbread with sausage and peach mixture and serve with a sprinkle of queso fresco or
similar cheese, if desired.
Makes 8 flatbreads.