We found this recipe in our files. It seems pretty straightforward; let us know if you try it! If you need some tips on ripening peaches, check out our blog post on the subject, https://www.weaverstreetmarket.coop/how-to-ripen-peaches/.
- 9” pie shell (make your own or get one in our freezer case)
- 4 large peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Arrange peaches in pie shell.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over peaches.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cream mixture is set. Best served warm!