- 1/4 c. Organic Valley Heavy Cream
- 12 oz. bag Field Day Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 tbsp. Tillamook butter, salted or unsalted, cut into 8 small pieces
- 1/2 c. red wine of your choice
- 1/4 c. Equal Exchange Cocoa Powder plus more for rolling
1) Place water in the bottom section of a double boiler and, once water is hot, add top portion of double boiler and reduce heat to achieve a slow simmer.
2) Add cream and chocolate chips to double boiler. Use spatula to stir continuously until chocolate is mostly melted.
3) Add 1/2 of the butter pieces and stir until melted. Add remaining butter pieces and stir until melted.
4) Turn burner off.
5) Slowly add the wine, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Everything should now be well combined.
6) Pour chocolate mixture into a pan and place in the refrigerator to cool.
7) Temporarily remove from the refrigerator and stir in about 1/4 cup of cocoa pwder (or more) to achieve a texture that can be formed into a ball. Place back in the refrigerator overnight or at least for several hours (this is a softer, creamier truffle that needs to be worked with while as cold as possible.)
8) Use a scoop to portion out balls of the chocolate mixture.
9) Drop into cocoa and roll ball to coat well. Use your hands to quickly form into a smooth ball. Place balls in a single layer and place back in the refrigerator until well chilled.
10) Store in the refrigerator in a single layer an air-tight container. Serve chilled or at cool room temperature.
(Alternate Microwave instructions for Instructions 1 through 5: Place cream and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 second increments. Stir between each 15 second increment. Continue until chocolate chips are melted. Quickly stir in 1/2 of the butter until melted. Add remaining butter and stir until melted. Add wine a small amount at a time and stir until fully incorporated. Continue with regular instructions beginning with 6.)