- asparagus, 2 pounds, woody ends trimmed off
- cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 pint
- 1½ Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- Lightlife tempeh bacon, 1 package
- baby spinach or spring mix salad, 5 oz. package
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss asparagus and grape tomatoes in oil and spread out evenly on large roasting pan, so most of the veggies are in a single layer (it’s ok if some overlap). Roast veggies for 10 minutes or until they reach desired level of tenderness (or crispiness, if you like!).
- Meanwhile, pan-fry tempeh bacon in a large non-stick frying pan in a small amount of avocado oil until desired level of browning is reached, about 2 minutes each side.
- Let roasted veggies and tempeh cool a bit while you prepare the rest of the salad in a large serving bowl. You can toss the greens in vinaigrette for immediate serving or serve vinaigrette separately.
- Top baby greens with roasted veggies and crumbled tempeh bacon. Enjoy!