- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise (large sprouts may be quartered)
- 4 oz bacon
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few shaves of Parmesan for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fry bacon in a heavy bottomed ovenproof frying pan (cast iron works great!), turning frequently, till crisp. Drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble and set aside for garnish.
3. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease and add the butter to the pan, along with the sprouts, garlic, ½ tsp salt, thyme, and red pepper. Saute over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer pan to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until sprouts are tender and starting to caramelize.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Parmesan and crumbled bacon.