- 8 to 10 cups cubed root vegetables (Lisa used sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, turnips and carrots)
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (you can also use dried)
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- Optional: roasted or sauteed garlic or onions
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Place cubed root vegetables in a microwave safe bowl, season with salt and pepper and cover.
3) Place rosemary on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven. You want the pan to get really hot.
4) Place vegetables in the microwave and cook for five minutes. Stir and then cook five minutes more. Drain any liquids that have accumulated during cooking.
5) Quickly remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the microwaved vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet. You should hear a nice sizzle! Be gentle and try to make sure all cubes are touching the pan.
6) Place pan in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
7) Remove the pan from oven and, using a spatula, gently toss the vegetables. Spread back out into an even layer. This is when you can add any optional roasted or sauteed garlic or onions to your pan as well.
8) Place the pan back in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are nicely browned and crispy.
9) Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley for a bit of color. Serve while warm.