- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 1 c. carrot chopped
- ½ lb. red split lentils
- 1 c. Nello’s or other marinara sauce
- 3 c. stock – vegetable or chicken
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, torn into small pieces
1) Add olive oil to a large sauté pan. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
2) When oil is hot, add onions, celery and carrots and sauté until softened – about 10 minutes.
3) Add lentils, Nello’s Sauce, and stock to sauté pan. Bring to boil and then lower to simmer
4) Simmer with lid on until lentils are tender – about 30 to 40 minutes.
5) When lentils are cooked – add kale and gently stir. Cook until kale is wilted. Serve immediately.