A simple, traditional recipe with easy to obtain ingredients that are economical!
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced – optional
- 10-15 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ cup of tomato juice or ketchup
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped fine
- Salt pepper and oil, as needed and to taste
- plantain chips, fried plantains, or tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Soak the onion slices in salt water for about 10 minutes, rinse well and drain.
- Mix all the ingredients together in large bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve with plantain chips, fried plantains or tortilla chips.
This recipe was adapted from www.laylita.com