What not to love? Beer, Bacon, Kale… This recipe is a must-have for your backyard party!
- 8 slices Plainville Farms pork bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 large organic vidalia onion, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 c. Oskar Blues selected Old Chub
- 2 bunches kale
- salt & pepper to taste
1) In a sauté pan add bacon and onion and cook over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is about half cooked. Pour off fat.
2) Add maple syrup to pan, reduce heat to medium low, and cook and stir until maple syrup is reduced and clinging to bacon. Bacon should now be fully cooked.
3) Add beer to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
4) Add kale to the pan, increase heat to medium high and sauté until kale is wilted and liquids have evaporated.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve immediately. Serves 6.