Tender chicken and sweet apples braised in ginger, garlic, and beer will make you feel like fall has arrived—even if the temperature outside disagrees! It’s a quick and easy, but hardy, dinner. Pair this simple dish with rice and a green salad for the perfect dinner. This recipe uses items on sale the week of August 26 – September 1, 2015.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. Freebird Chicken Breast Tenders – Sale $4.99/lb. Save $2 – cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
- 2 Organic Pink Lady Apples – Sale $1.99/lb. Save $1 – peeled, cored and cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ c. Stone Brewing Co. Saison – Sale $5.99/6pk. Save 45%
1) Over medium-high heat, add oil to a sauté pan.
2) When oil is hot, add chicken to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Sauté chicken until browned on all sides, remove chicken from the pan. Set aside.
4) Add apples, ginger and garlic to the sauté pan. Sauté a couple of minutes more until apples are beginning to brown. Add chicken back to pan.
5) Reduce heat to medium low, pour beer into pan, stir once and then cover with lid.
6) Allow to braise until chicken is cooked all the way through and beer has been absorbed.
7) Serves 3 to 4 people.