Try this refreshing spritzer at home. The boiled syrup can be stored in your refrigerator for several weeks and can be used not only in this drink but as a mix-in for yogurt or as a topping for pancakes and waffles.
- 3 c. Water
- 16 oz. Blueberries
- 1/2 c. Coomb’s Farm Maple Syrup
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1 bottle sparkling water or club soda
1) Place water, blueberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and mint in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Strain mixture and return to pot. Press to extract as much juice as possible from berries.
4) Bring back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and simmer 20 to 30 minutes more until thickened and reduced to about two cups.
5) Cool and store in a jar in the refrigerator.
6) Mix two tablespoons syrup with 8 ounces of sparkling water and serve over ice.