Pancakes full of protein—not white flour? Yes! These fluffy pancakes taste as great as they look. Make them even better by topping them with fresh fruit and pure maple syrup. This recipes comes from our Demo Team.
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ c. milk (almond, coconut, soy, chef’s preference)
- 1 ½ c. Bob’s Red Mill almond meal flour
- ¼ c. flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 c. or more berries of your choice – try strawberries
- Maple Valley Co-op maple syrup
1) In a blender add eggs, butter or oil, vanilla, honey and milk If you do not have a blender, you can mix this together in bowl. Be sure to stir very well or use a hand mixer.)
2) Blend on low until combined.
3) Add flour, flaxmeal, baking powder and salt.
4) Blend on low until combined and then switch to high for one minute.
5) The batter should be thick – if it is too thick for your liking, you can add extra milk by the tablespoon until it is your preferred consistency.
6) Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Melt ½ tbsp. butter or coconut oil in pan. Spoon 3” circles of batter into the pan.
7) Sprinkle top of pancake with a few berries.
8) Cook until pancake looks dried out on edges, bubbles are appearing on the surface and bottom is browning. Carefully flip the pancake and continue to cook until the other side is browned too. Be careful! Almond flour can burn easily.
9) Serve with more fruit and a drizzle of Pure Maple Syrup.
Serves 4 to 5.