Local, Game Changer Ale from Casita Brewing Company gives this sweet and savory chicken dish a delicious and unique flavor. A blend of ale, sweet preserves, and just a splash of tangy balsamic makes a great glaze for chicken, fish or roasted veggies.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Casita Brewing Company ale – your preference
- 6 Tbsp. Bonne Maman peach or apricot preserves
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Pound chicken to even thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, add half of the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes or until just done, turning once. Repeat process with other half of oil and chicken. Set chicken aside and keep warm.
3. Add beer to the pan, scraping up all the browned bits.
4. Add preserves and vinegar and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
5. Add chicken back to pan and toss to coat with sauce.
6. Slice chicken and serve with couscous, quinoa or rice. Serve immediately. Serves 4.