Spicy and filling, this is a great recipe to serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We’ve made this Mexican-style cheese toast atop our Weaver Street Market made La Miche. La Miche is a wonderfully crusty, chewy bread that holds up well to a lot of toppings!
- 4 slices La Miche bread
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. grated, your favorite cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. refried beans or pinto or black beans, mashed
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp. minced red or green peppers, or your choice and heat preference
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 to 2 tbsp. Cottage Lane Hissy Fit Hot Sauce
- Chopped avocado, tomatoes and cilantro, if desired
- Place La Miche on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Place bread under broiler and broil on both sides until slightly browned. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine shredded cheese, beans, onion, and peppers.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- Spread untoasted tops of bread with equal amounts of the cheese and bean mixture.
- Place topped slices of bread under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately top each slice with a drizzle of the Cottage Lane Hissy Fit Hot Sauce and, if desired, avocado, tomato and cilantro. Serve immediately.