A great recipe to welcome fall! A delicious and hearty dish that is full of healthy kale and white beans with just enough locally made sausage to give it just the right amount of bite! It can easily be made into a soup.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. chopped onion
- ½ c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 4 Giacomo’s sausages, removed from casing
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans, drained
- ¼ c. dark beer
- 4 c. kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh or ½ tsp dried thyme
1) Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat.
2) Add onion and pepper and saute until onions are translucent.
3) Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
4) Add sausage to pan and cook until no longer pink. Use spatula to break up sausage as it cooks.
5) Add beans, beer, kale and thyme. Cook uncovered 3 minutes more until beans are heated through, kale is wilted and liquids have reduced.
Serves 4 to 6.
Variation: Add 4 cups chicken stock once the liquids have reduced and make this into a delicious soup.