Many people are familiar with a traditional Croque Monsieur – ham, cheese, and crispy, melty gooiness. But how about a sweet version? Not as familiar – but just as yummy. Perfect for breakfast or even dessert. In our version we use Kokada Coconut Spread and bananas as a more wholesome option – while still sweet, delicious – and yes – full of crispy, melty gooiness! Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. cream, whole milk, or milk substitute
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- dash cinnamon
- 4 slices hearty bread of your choice
- 4 tbsp. Kokada Brownie Flavor Coconut Spread
- 1 banana, sliced
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine egg, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Use a fork to blend well.
- Use a pastry brush to brush one side of each slice of bread with egg mixture, being sure to coat well.
- Flip bread over and spread Kokada on eggless sides of bread.
- On two of the slices of bread, top Kokada with banana slices.
- Place other slices of bread on top of banana topped slices. Banana and Kokada filling should be enclosed inside the sandwich and egg brushed sides should be facing out.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter or coconut oil until sizzling. Place sandwich in pan and fry, flipping once, until both sides are nicely browned.
- Serve while warm. Makes two Croque Monsieur.