‘Tis the season for winter squash and winter greens! Turn both of these beautiful and delicious fall offerings into a terrific dish with just a few easy steps. Squash and kale are dressed in a sweet and tangy combination of maple syrup, lime, and spices in this dish that is sure to please even your most discriminating eater.
- 4 c. cubed organic winter squash, butternut or acorn preferably
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- ¼ c. Maple Valley Cooperative organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 bunch organic kale, destemmed and torn into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Roast for about 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through cooking.
2) Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine maple syrup, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin. Remove squash from oven, pour into a bowl and drizzle with maple syrup mixture. Toss to combine.
3) In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add remaining oil.
4) When oil is hot, add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
5) Add kale to the pan and sauté until wilted.
6) Add squash and all liquids from squash to kale pan. Toss, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve. Serves 4.