- 8 oz. sharp cheddar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. finely chopped toasted New Communities pecans
- Whole New Communities pecans, to top slices
- Set up your food processor with a shredding disk and run the cheese and cold butter through the disk to shred (or hand shred the cheese and butter.)
- Switch food processor over to a dough blade. You will need to remove the shredded cheese and butter to do this.
- Add shredded cheese and butter back to the bowl of the processor.
- Add flour and 1/2 cup toasted pecans to the bowl as well.
- Pulse until mixture comes together to form a dough. First you will see small pieces form and them it will all come together into one ball of dough. Keep pulsing until this occurs.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a large piece of parchment or waxed paper.
- Use hands to roll dough into a rope about 12 inches long.
- Wrap with parchment paper and place in refrigerator until well chilled and firm.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to cut rope into slices.
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press a whole pecan into the center of each slice.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy. Allow to cool on a baking rack. Enjoy!