The fruity flavor of mango is a terrific addition to your taco. Use it as a marinade – the enzymes create terrifically tender meat – and as a topping!
- 2 Organic Mangos, cubed – Sale $1.67/ea. – Save $.82
- 2 tbsp. Riojana Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided – Sale $9.99/26 oz. – Save $3.00
- 1 tbsp. lime or orange juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. Freebird Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into strips – Sale $3.79/lb. – Save $1.00
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 of an Organic Avocado, sliced – Sale $2.00/ea. – Save $.49
- 1 package Garden of Eatin Yellow Corn Taco Shells, warmed per package directions – Sale $2.50/pk – Sale $1.29
- In a food processor or blender, combine one mango, 1 tbsp. oil, juice, sugar, garlic powder, ginger powder, and red pepper flakes. Puree. Divide the mixture, pour 1/2 over the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate. Allow to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Place the rest of the marinade in a small pot and heat, over medium heat, until hot and bubbly. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
- When chicken has fininished marinating, in a saute pan over medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil. When oil is hot, remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through and browned.
- Stuff taco shells with chicken, top with cubes of mango and slices of avocado. Drizzle with sauce. Serves four.