Tender and flavorful pan-seared chicken thighs topped with a unique fruit salsa! The salsa, made with sautéed onions, peppers and sweet fresh mango and apricot, is a perfect summer meal. And it’s almost all on sale! These Sale Prices are good through 06/15/2021.
- 2 tbsps. Riojana Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided @ $9.99/26 oz. Bottle – Save $3.00
- 4 Freebird Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, pounded to an even thickness @ $6.99/lb. Save $1.00
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ c. chopped Organic Vidalia Onion @ $.75/ea. – Save $.25
- ¼ c. chopped Organic Sweet Mini Peppers @$2.49/bag – Save $2.50
- 1 tsp. Emperor’s Kitchen Chopped Garlic @ $3.99/jar – Save $.30
- 1 Organic Lime – $1.00/ea.
- 2 Organic mangoes, cut into ½ inch cubes @ $1.00/ea. – Save $1.49
- 2 Organic apricots, cut into ½ inch cubes @ $4.99/lb. – Save $2.00
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Dry pounded chicken thighs very well and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the pounded thighs to the pan and cook for about six minutes on each side until browned and juices run clear.
- Remove from pan and set aside to rest. Add another tablespoon olive oil to the pan (if needed.)
- Add peppers and onions to the pan and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lime to deglaze the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up all the nicely browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Allow the onion mixture to cool slightly and then add the mango and apricot pieces. Toss to combine. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place a piece of cooked chicken thigh on a plate and top with a ¼ of the mango apricot salsa. Serve while warm. Makes 4 servings.