- 1 cup millet – cooked in 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded or finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil for frying
1. In large pot, simmer millet in vegetable stock and salt for 25 minutes or until all
liquid is absorbed.
2. Add zucchini, carrot, onion, lemon zest and cheese and stir to combine. Continue to cook over low until very thick – about one minute or less. Set aside to cool.
3. Once millet mixture is cool, make patties from mixture.
4. In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Place three or four patties in frying pan. Do not crowd the pan. Brown on each side until crispy.
6. Serve immediately.