Weaver Street Market seeks board candidates who are dedicated to the cooperative and its mission to run in the 2019 board elections. Two seats are open for election—one consumer-owner seat and one worker-owner seat. Applications are due Sunday, June 23, 10 PM. A call for candidates with the application in English is published on our website, here. A Spanish version is here.
The Board Provides Strategic Leadership
- Focusing on the big picture—envisioning how Weaver Street is different as a cooperative and what impact we make beyond other businesses
- Listening carefully to consumer and worker owners and translating owner needs into a compelling vision
- Engaging owners and potential owners in understanding Weaver Street’s mission as a co-op and providing ways for owners to drive co-op results through everyday behaviors and choices
Opportunities to Learn about the Board
The candidate application process provides opportunities for you to learn about the work of the board and to assess your interests in assuming a leadership role for the co-op.
Candidate Information Session/Board Meeting:
Wednesday, June 12, WSM Administrative Center, 437 Dimmocks Mill Rd, Suite 10, Hillsborough, 27278
Join the board for a light meal at 6:15 PM. Board meeting 6:30-9:30 PM.
The board’s June meeting provides potential candidates a chance to engage with the board as it fulfills its responsibilities through a system called policy governance. This interactive session is a requirement for candidacy. It also provides background information beneficial for owners desiring to take on other leadership roles in the co-op.
Meet with one or more board directors:
Talking with a current board director is an excellent way to learn about their experience being on the board and to share with them your interests in serving on the board. Candidates are required to meet with at least one director on the recruiting committee. Please email a director to set up a meeting:
- Dave Bright, consumer owner: email@example.com
- Glenda Clare, consumer owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon McDonald, worker owner: email@example.com
- Ruffin Slater, worker owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application packet lists candidate requirements. Candidate applications are due Sunday, June 23 at 10 PM. The election begins in late August, with the two-year term beginning in January 2020.