Simple, easy and full of flavor. Enjoy as an appetizer or alongside a salad for a main course.
- 3 to 4 Heirloom tomatoes
- sprinkle of dried thyme or fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 pack Italian Polenta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ball Fresh Mozzarella
- Pederson’s Natural No Sugar Dry Rub Bacon, optional, cooked and crrumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Bake until tomatoes are softened and have cooked off some of their liquids. Set aside.
- Drizzle 1/2 of olive oil on a baking sheet. Slice polenta into rounds and place on baking sheet. Drizzle remainig olive oil on top of polenta rounds.
- Increase oven tempersture to broil and place polenta under the broiler. Watch carefully and flip when browned on top. Place back in oven to broil other side. Remove from oven when browned well on both sides.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice mozzarella into thin slices and place slices on top of each polenta round. Place roasted tomatoes on top of mozzarella. Drizzle each round with any remaining pan juices.
- Place topped polenta in oven until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon, if desired, and serve while warm.