Seared scallops atop a creamy tomato gnocchi – and most everything is on sale. It doesn’t get better.
- 1 package Cappello’s Paleo Grain Free Gnocchi, Sale $6.99/ea. – Save $3.00
- 1/4 c. Riojana Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided $9.99/26 oz. – Save $3.00
- 1 lb. Bay or Sea scallops, Sale $10.39-$19.99/lb. – Save $4.60-$5.00
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Emperor’s Kitchen Chopped Garlic, Sale $3.99/ea. – Save $.50
- 1 1/2 c. Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce, Sale $2.50/26 oz. – Save $1.99
- 1/2 c. Homeland Creamery Heavy Cream
- Thaw and dry scallops well.
- Cook gnocchi per package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a heavy bottom saute pan over medium high heat.
- Season scallops well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place scallops in the pan (do not crowd the pan, cook in batches if necessary) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and turn scallop over. Cook for two to three minutes more on the other side. If scallops are smaller, you will need less time. Scallops should be browned on both sides, opaque all the way down the sides and should feel firm, but slightly soft. Scallops can overcook quickly, so monitor carefully.
- Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to same pan. Reduce heat to medium. When oil is hot, add onions to the pan and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic to the pan and continue to cook for one minute longer.
- Add pasta sauce and cream to the pan and cook until heated through and just beginning to bubble.
- Remove from heat and add gnocchi to sauce and toss to coat.
- Check for seasoning and add salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve gnocchi, topped with seared scallops.