- 6 large leaves – Organic Green Cabbage – Sale $.79/lb. – Save $.70
- 1/4 c. Riojana Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Sale $9.99/26 oz. – Save $3.00
- 1 small Organic Videlia Onion, diced small and divided – Sale $.75/ea. – Save $.25
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. RW Knudsen 100% Organic Tomato Juice – Sale $2.79/32 oz. – Save $1.20
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. your choice of sweetener, honey, brown sugar, equivalent amount of sugar sub like Stevia
- 16 oz. Plainville Ground Turkey – Sale $3.99/16 oz. – Save $1.00
- 1 1/2 c. cooked (per package directions) Lundberg Organic Whole Grain Spanish Rice, – Sale $3.00/6 oz. – Save $.99
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cabbage leaves in a steamer (or a metal colander) over boiling water, and steam until just flexible and tender but not too soft. You will want to remove the tough base of the leaf , where it connected to the head. Just use your knife to cut a simple v section at the thickest portion of the leaf. It will make for easier wrapping.
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, add 1/2 of the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds longer. Add the tomato juice and cook until juice is reduced and slightly thickened. Pour half into the bottom of a baking dish. Set dish and remaining sauce aside.
- In a bowl, combine remainder of onion, cooked Spanish Rice, and ground turkey. Gently mix together with your hands until combined and then divide the meat mixture into six portions. Use your hand to shape six elongated balls of meat mixture.
- Set each ball in the center of a cabbage leaf and wrap cabbage leaf around mixture to enclose. Place each cabbage roll in the baking dish, seam side down, on top of the tomato sauce.
- Drizzle remaining tomato sauce over the top of the cabbage rolls. Place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour.