Terrific low-carb way to start your morning – or to enjoy any time of day! Local eggs with flavorful turkey pastrami, nutty swiss cheese, tangy roasted red pepper and a drizzle of mustardy goodness.
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 6 thin slices of Plainville Turkey Pastrami – $7.99/lb. – Save $2.00/lb.
- 6 slices of Organic Valley Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese – $4.99/ea. – Save $1.00/ea.
- 6 Reedy Fork Extra-Large Pasture Raised Eggs – $4.99/dozen – Save $2.00/dozen
- 1/4 c. chopped Mediterranean Organic Gourmet Fire Roasted Red Peppers, patted dry – $4.99/16 oz. – Save $2.50/16oz.
- 3 tbsp. Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Vinaigrette – $4.99/8oz. – Save $1.50/8 oz.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
- Grease a six-cup muffin tin with olive oil or cooking spray. If you only have a 12-cup tin, you can double the recipe or only fill every other cup.
- Line each cup with pastrami, cut pieces in half if needed.
- Press one slice of cheese into each cup on top of the pastrami.
- Break one egg into each pastrami and cheese lined cup.
- Divide chopped red pepper among each egg cup.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons of dressing over each egg cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake until eggs are cooked to your desired firmness. About 20 minutes will give you a firm white and yolk. Cook less time if you refer softer yolks.
- Run a knife around each muffin tin to remove the egg cup. Eat while warm or refrigerate and serve later chilled. Makes six.