- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1/4 c. Morella Mezzogiornio Bianco 2019
- Splash of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Italian sausages of your choice, cooked per package directions. We recommend one of the following local products: Firsthand Foods Sweet Italian Pork Sausage, Giacomo’s
- Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage or No Evil Foods The Stallion Italian Sausage.
1) Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2) Add onion and sauté until translucent.
3) Deglaze pan with stock. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook until reduced by half.
4) Add wine and vinegar/lemon juice and allow to simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
5) Add chives and remaining butter. Stir until butter is melted. Continue to simmer a few minutes longer if not thickened enough to serve as a glaze.
6) Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
7) Add sausages to the pan (whole or sliced) and toss to coat. Serve warm.